> How does CF deal with file conflicts when doing a <cffile
> action="move"...> operation?
>
> Is there anyway to control it with the <cffile...> tag itself or do I
> have to write my own logic?

If I recall correctly, it will throw an exception if a file already
exists with the name you've specified. I don't think there's any way
to control this within the tag itself; you have to write additional
logic. The simplest and arguably most efficient way to do this is to
wrap it in an exception handler.

> Looking at the documentation, action="move" does not seem to have the
> same 'nameConflict' parameter that the action="upload" version does.

No, it doesn't.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/