> I have a standard javascript function on a CF page intended to open a popup
> window:

> On the CF page I loop through the results of a query and output them.  I made
> one of the values a
> hyperlink in order to open a popup window to display the potentially lengthy
> content of another data
> item. I need to pass a primary key value in the URL so I want it to be
> encrypted.

Rather than actually addressing your main question, I would recommend
that you not bother with encrypting primary key values. If your
application is properly constructed, a user should only be able to
view items based on proper permissions. So, if I change the primary
key from a value that I'm allowed to see to one that I'm not, your
application should not allow me to see the corresponding item.

That said, you shouldn't have to use JSStringFormat on a string that
has been formatted with URLEncodedFormat. The URLEncodedFormat
function URL-encodes all nonalphanumeric characters.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/