this question depends on what part the the UK you are. we had someone on a
contract  on £35 per hour but that was a short contract only 3 months and we
really needed them. we advertised for someone with 2 years CF experience last
year to work fully time at our offices, we found it VERY hard to find anyone!
most stated they had CF experience but after the interview it was clear they
did not! it took us 3 months to find someone and they started on £25k per year
in the Midlands in London this would have been around £35k. I would say in the
UK its 22-38k depending on experience. I have knew a fellow CF developer that
left us  and got a Job in London on 68k very much open, its all up to the
person.

I did find that Java developers ask for the same sort of salary if thats
anything to go by. PHP developers are ten a penny here so thats not a good
market to compare to, and 2 years + php developer we can get starting at 17k