From: Barney Boisvert [mailto:bboisv...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2009 9:48 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: iPhone Development

If you just go grab Safari for Windows and use JS to resize it to the
right viewport you can get a pretty close approximation.  Not perfect,
particularly for mouse interaction, but it's reasonable.  If you're
serious about developing iPhone apps, you're gonna want an
iPhone/iTouch.

For native development, you have to have an Intel-based Mac running
OSX 10.5 and the free SDK from Apple.  Apps are built in Objective-C
(as mentioned above).  If you want to distribute, you have to pay $100
to get a key and then you can submit to the app store.

cheers,
barneyb

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 8:41 PM, Bryan Hogan <bho...@edonor.com> wrote:
> Of course it can't be built with CFML. ;)  I understand that, what I'm
> looking to do is get started building applications for the iPhone.
The
> first of which is simple enough as Barney explained, just create the
> application to fit within a certain size and add the meta tag telling
> the iPhone browser that it is an iPhone site.
>
> This is simple enough, I am wondering though, if anyone knows of any
> emulator for Windows where I can test these applications.
>
> Furthermore, I would like to learn more about developing natively for
> the iPhone client to create embedded applications.
>
> Bryan F. Hogan
> Product Manager
> eDonor(r) - Recruit, Retain, Repeat
> A Global Med Technologies(r) Company
>
> P  602.489.7844
> F  602.489.7801
> www.edonor.com
>
> The information contained in this electronic mail message, including
all
> attachments hereto, is confidential information intended only for
> distribution to the individual(s) named above. If the reader of this
> message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any
> dissemination, distribution, use or copying of this  communication,
and
> the information contained herein, is strictly prohibited. If you have
> received this communication in error, please immediately notify us by
> telephone at (602) 489-7800 and delete the original message. Thank
you.

SDK.