What Dave said about client scope and db rows.

For my own cart I wound up using client variables.  I felt they were
more survivable than session vars.  Restart CF and lose your session
vars... bad news on a shared server where the host might have an
uneven record of uptime.  A cvar-based solution will typically survive
a cf restart (user visits page, cf gets restarted while user reads
content, next page hit is after restart and cvar cart contents
persist).

I haven't kept up with CF8's features but I believe they are in a
struct now and much easier to work with as a result.

My thinking behind not using a db table was that I would need to clean
it up somehow, and the fact that the client variable db was
automatically cleaned out over time (imperfect assumption on my part)
did that job for me.

--
-...@robertson--
Janitor, The Robertson Team