Good morning everyone,

No amount of audio will help an individual who is both blind and deaf.

Peter Donahue

----- Original Message -----
To: "cf-talk" <cf-talk@houseoffusion.com>
Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 8:35 AM
Subject: Re: Using JCaptcha and FreeTTS to embed captcha and audio for the
visually impaired

Hi Sam,

Thank you for your post. I have copied the files FreeTTS.jar file to my
standalone ColdFusion installation folder: "C:\CFusionMX7\lib\freetts.jar".
I restarted ColdFusion and the jar file is now showing up in the class-path
which is good. I can dump the methods in the FreeTTS class like this:
<cfset freettsObj = CreateObject("java", "com.sun.speech.freetts.FreeTTS")/>
<cfdump var="#freettsObj#"><cfabort>

Please follow this link to see the list of classes and packages.
http://freetts.sourceforge.net/javadoc/index.html

I'm getting somewhere but I don't know how to invokve the textToSpeech()
method of the FreeTTS class. Basically, I want to pass a string to this
function (the text that the captch randomly generates) and to convert this
text to speeach/voice. When I get an error when I try to call this method in
my code:
<cfset freettsObj.textToSpeech(randomStr) />

The system has attempted to use an undefined value, which usually indicates
a programming error, either in your code or some system code.

Null Pointers are another name for undefined values.

Any ideas?