On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 11:36 AM, Andy wrote:
> Updating my wife's business from Peachtree to QB.  Have any of you written a
> Web Connector for QB?  They use SOAP.  Are they examples out there that I
> can use to short-cut the development?

I've had a lot of fun compiling the WSDL into a jar and then just
calling classes from it using a classloader.

You can do the whole deal from within CF, and I think there's a way to
just have it keep what it compiles when it does the webservice,
although I was too nutty to use some existing solution.

Plus, I already had a compiler, a jar-er, and calling the generator
class was as easy as... well, calling the generator class.

I can do up a little blog entry on it, but it would probably be better
to use the existing methods of saving/using the java classes... but I
didn't see any info on that anywhere, really ('sides a couple of
comments on this list).

Anyways, long story short, I've really enjoyed using the generated
classes vs. using cfinvoke and whatnot.  YMMV, etc..

--
Choose the life that is most useful, and habit will make it the most agreeable.
Francis Bacon