Let me explain what I'm looking for.

Sometimes when you open a PDF you will get an outline or maybe you might
call it a page jump on the left hand side of the PDF when viewing it in
Acrobat Reader.  This is the section that you can click on and it will take
you to that particular section in the PDF.

Now that I have explain that, I think here is what I'm fully trying to do.

1.  I will be merging multiple PDF files together using <cfpdf> and your
(Ray Camden) pdfutils.cfc, which is awesome by the way.  The PDFs are not
created by the application they are uploaded by users of the site.
2.  Depending on if I can produce the outline, will determine how I use
<cfpdf> and pdfutils.cfc.

The documents that are being combined can and probably will be many pages
and I want to give the end receiver of the combined PDF an easy way to
navigate through the PDFs.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Chuck