Hi,

I'm posting this question for a friend of mine who has two problems:
1 the one described below,
2 although he is registered in CF-Talk, his posts do not get trhrough.

Hello,

Sometimes accented characters entered in a textarea field are replaced
with strange characters when recorded in my MS Access memo field, For
exemple "©" instead of “ɔ.

For debugging purpose, I used CFFile to record the same field value in a
..txt file. When open with notepad, the accented characters are displayed
correctly, but the HEX values contained in the file seem to indicate
UTF-16 Little Endian. The file start with "FF FE" and the other
characters have the form "XX 00".

Considering I’m with CF5 and it can’t be upgraded, my question is:

Is there a way (with CF5) that I can prevent the field to contain
anything else that ISO-8859-1?

By parsing the characters? Using Access? Any other ideas?

I have this tag to set the encoding of the form page:

<cfcontent type="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" reset="yes">