From: Bob Wright [mailto:thecfprogram...@gmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2009 11:00 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Re: Flat File as a Database?

Thanks all for the replies.

It sounds like some of you are in a position to fire clients. But since I
get paid by the job, I can't just do that. Maybe someday, but not today.
Besides, the client is not an idiot.

I'm sorry, I can't go into detail about the reasons why we are limited to a
flat file. But the reasons are legitimate, and cannot be circumvented.
Absolutely no database can be installed. It is what it is.

Yes, I get that if I can find a solution here, the flat file will be
effectively a database. But hey, it's all about meeting the criteria.  And a
flat file absolutely will do just that.

As far as what we need to accomplish, it is nothing more than basic CRUD via
web forms with data download capabilities.  Nothing fancy.  No interface to
other applications or products.  Just simple CRUD on a stand-alone
application.

Gerald, I had not thought of ODBC text file thing.  I have seen it over the
years, but never messed with it.  I'll look into that, thanks.

Nitai, H2 looks interesting, but I can't use it here. Thanks anyway.

Peter, I did reply to you earlier (from the house of fusion website). Not
sure what happened.  Basically, I said that all I had available to me was
CF7.

bob