Nupur Gupta wrote:
> This may be an obvious question. There is a file what I want to copy
> using coldfusion to a directory that I have write permission to -.
> However when I try this, I get an access denied error.
> Do I need to use ftp to copy files over, or the like?

Nupur:

When trying to access a network share, you have to either have the CF
service run as a user with a mapped drive to the share or use the file's UNC
path (\\server\share) in your CF code.  By default, ColdFusion does not run
as a standard user account (which can have mapped drives); instead, it runs
as a local service (which cannot have mapped drives).  So, either change how
the service logs in (via the "Services" control panel applet or use the UNC.

--
Mosh Teitelbaum
evoch, LLC