surely it couldn't be vista! ;)

cfeclipse isn't difficult and there are plenty of blogs that show you how.

1. dl & install eclipse
2. install cfeclipse, follow instructions on
http://www.cfeclipse.org/download.cfm

   1.  Select the "Help->Software Updates->Find and install" menu option.
   2. On the screen that is displayed, select 'Search for new features to
install' and click the 'Next' button. Now click the 'New Remote Site' button.
   3. Enter a name for the update site, for example "CFEclipse". In the URL
box, enter "http://www.cfeclipse.org/update"; and click the OK button.
   4. You should now have a 'CFEclipse' node in the 'Sites to include in
search' box.
   5. Tick the 'Stable CFEclipse' box and click 'Next'.
   6. Eclipse will contact the CFEclipse site and retrieve the list of
available plugins. Tick the plugin with the highest version number and click
'Next'.
   7. The next instructions are self-explanatory, agree to the license, install
the software and restart Eclipse
   8. Once Eclipse has restarted CFEclipse should have been successfully
installed.

3. open eclipse and right click in navigator panel and choose new > project
4. that brings up a window called select wizard, open up the cfeclipse folder
and choose cfml project
5. new window called cfeclipse project: type in your project (or sites name),
next if it is a new empty site and you want to use the default location hit
next, if you want to use your own location uncheck the "use default location"
box and choose your location. For example since I am on a mac I keep my web
site folders in a directory called "sites", so I brouse to that folder and go
in and select my projects folder and hit next and you should be done.

6. open up the project in navigator pane and go to work.