> We're looking into the possibility of encrypting our MS SQL Servers (2000 and
> 2005) with
> SSL (as documented: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms189067.aspx),
> but wanted
> to make sure that this wasn't going to cause any connectivity issues at the
> ColdFusion side
> first.
>
> Our environment consists of CF 6, 7 and 8 servers (all running the latest and
> greatest
> updaters), SQL Servers are 2000 and 2005 environments.

This functionality is either supported (or not) by your database
drivers. CF uses DataDirect Connect for JDBC. I believe the version
provided with CF is 3.5, although I haven't checked and am not sure
offhand. I believe that you need 3.7 to support this functionality.
Even if you had 3.7, I don't know if it will work with CF (although I
don't see why not offhand).

Along with Jacob, I would recommend instead that you consider using
IPsec tunneling, which will definitely work and which is quite secure.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/