I have a tough question.

I am trying to use cfdocument to generate a huge PDF file with 5000+ images

after failing (even with CF64bits and 8GB of RAM), I was analyzing the PDF
generated by iText (the lib used by coldfusion), and it seams every image
included in the PDF is using the FlateDecode encoding, instead of the
DCTDecode for jpeg images

with the FlateDecode, images get 10x bigger, as FlateDecode is a zlib
compression

also, iText tries to use the memory buffer for the cache of the document

The only way to this document generation to be feasable is if I can change
iText to use DCTDecode on the images, and use a disk based buffer instead of
a memory based buffer

the real question: can I update iText with a more recent version ? if so,
does this fix this issue? If I can't update the internal iText
implementation, is there a easy way to convert html to pdf using an external
iText implementation called by CreateObject ?

answers suggesting me to use something else than coldfusion won't be very
helpful, since I already know that, but I want to use coldfusion to generate
those PDFs Comparing with other PHP and ASP.NET <http://asp.net/> based
solutions, coldfusion pdf generation is bloated and slow and I am trying to
fix that