>You should be able to bypass CFHTTP and use the java libs directly. I took a
>gander at the Java samples on the auth.net site for AIM integration and
>here's what I came up with. It seems to work fine on CF 7 and It handles the
>SSL all right and returns values. But I'm still trying to figure out how to
>test and see if it's SSL 3.0 or not (I suspect not).

Well, that looks promising indeed...but I'm not seeing anything in there that
is providing the client certificate, which is what is necessary for SSL 3.0. In
CF8, it's provided with the ClientCert and ClientCertPassword attributes of the
cfhttp tag. But as for how to test and know if this is working, you've got me
stumped! I see nothing in the Authorize.Net settings, or anything whatsoever in
the documentation that tells where to get the certificate, how to test it, etc.

---
Mary Jo Sminkey
CFWebstore, ColdFusion-based Ecommerce
http://www.cfwebstore.com