They do, but they are usually one shot sessions. Basically, most bots do not
keep state. When it hits one page and gets a session, the next page it hits
is treated as if it was a new visit. In other words, a new session. The
amount of bots that keep state and have a single session were rare but are
becoming more prevalent. When I write bots, I always write them with state
management.

Bottom line is that if you have session turned on, every visitor will have a
session.