>Will,
>
>Ah... Your problem could be networking. On our network (for example) we have
>both "internal" and "external" IP addresses running through cisco pix. We
>have to run an "internal" DNS server to dole out interal IP addresses for
>the reason you describe below. A web server could not (for example) connect
>to it's "external" address through the same pix. To troubleshoot this, RDP
>to the server and then ping the address (the host you are using ...
>Remote.myserver.com etc) and see what IP is returned. Check with your
>networking folks on how the server is set up. You will have to log on to the
>server desktop to be able to troubleshoot effectively. Nothing you do from
>your workstation to the server will give you sufficient information.
>
>-Mark
>

>Mark A. Kruger, CFG, MCSE
>(402) 408-3733 ext 105
>www.cfwebtools.com
>www.coldfusionmuse.com
>www.necfug.com
>

>I can telnet from my computer (client) to the coldfusion webserver if I type
>"telnet myserver.com 21".  Typing remote.myserver.com 21 I get a connection
>refused error.  Just to make sure we are all clear.  The coldfusion server
>is our webserver.  So when I test the cfftp action="open" technically it is
>trying to open an ftp connection to the same server it is on, which I can
>see that would be a problem.
>
>If not using ftp, how would I move a file from my computer to the coldfusion
>server?

Mark (and everyone else),
   Thanks for the help but I figured it out.  My problem with my CFFTP was
because of a networking problem.  I was connecting to the wrong IP address...
duh!  Anyway after all that work trying to figure it out, I found out that what
I really needed to use was a simple CFFILE tag.  Yes I know this allows anyone
to upload to the server, but access to this feature of the application is
behind user authentication.

Anyway, I really appreciate all the help and suggestions.

Thanks again.

Will