Hi,

Our system is developed using ColdFusion technology. We have a number of
clients and very often we need to deliver them not a full deployment (our whole
package) but just some updates to certain files (.cfm, .cfc, .js, etc.).

I am searching for a solution that can automatically build software releases.
To my knowledge there are Windows programs that can handle of course both
partial and full releases. Example, for VB.NET and C# you can easily build a
release through .NET Visual Studio. However, what about ColdFusion/J2EE?

Our system is platform independent so ideally the solution should cater for
this.

Joseph.

> The answer to your question would depend on what "software" you are
> dealing with plus what computer environment you have. Uploading a
> small Web site to a Linux server is quite different than distributing
> an enterprise software package to 1000 Windows users. The methods you
> use to test and approve code before deployment would also impact how
> your software releases are handled, as would the way you implement
> database changes.
>
> -Mike Chabot
>
> On Sat, Feb 28, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Joseph Bugeja <jbug...@rs2group.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > Do you recommend any good release management software, ideally an
> open source solution that we can use to automate releases of our
software?