I think dave was asking exactly what you are looking for, he was asking if
you turn off all the CF 8 related services if it was working. A very good
question but not to helpful if you don't know what to turn off ;) . Things
that may conflict would be cf8 service itself (doubtful but who knows) the
.Net Service (maybe ColdFusionDotNetService or something like that) that CF
8 now has (most likely culprit) and a verity service (probably not but it
has been updated since MX so possible). I don't have cf8 installed this way
on a windows box anywhere so I can not provide the exact service names but
pretty sure they all have ColdFusion in the name or some sort of identifier
as being related to CF8.

Adam