Dip into Java first maybe then back to CF?

<cfset str = "abcdefg">
<cfset arr = str.split("")>

<cfdump var="#arr#">

<!--- <cfset ArrayDeleteAt(arr, 1)> --->

<cfset str = ArrayToList(arr, ",")>

<cfdump var="#str#">

Note the the first element in the array is an empty string. I thought
ArrayDeleteAt() would take care of that but it throws an error.

I'd be interested to see if you find nice one or two line answer to this.

Adrian