> The important part for me is that it is LGPL which means ppl can roll a CF
> runtime into commercial offerings with out having to open source their apps.
> I am not a big fan of GPL because if ppl use GPL apps on any internal apps
> such as intranets that handle a lot internal business processes (Read: The
> internal workings of their business), they would have to open source thier
> entire intranet. That can be a "very bad thing" for a business.

This is not correct. It's ten kinds of wrong. If you aren't
redistributing applications, you have no need to provide source code.
And even if you are redistributing applications, you wouldn't
necessarily have to "open source the entire intranet".

http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/