So, basically, the username and password is written out in plain text
in the cookie for anyone to steal. Great security.

Anyway, don't just trust the existence of the cookie - you need to log
the user in to your site with the username and password. Otherwise, I
can just manipulate my browser to set a cookie called
"mysite_loggedin" and get logged in to your site.

Read the value of the cookie from the COOKIE scope and send the
user|pass|pin to your code to log them in. Then, hope that no-one
executes a successful XSS attack on your users. Then, fire the .NET
developer.

mxAjax / CFAjax docs and other useful articles:
http://www.bifrost.com.au/blog/