This isn't a CF kind of way to do what you are asking, but it might be
what you are looking for.
We have used Nagios to monitor, log and troubleshoot servers in both
of our datacenters and it can be very useful if you  just can't sit in
front of a machine 24/7.
http://www.nagios.org/
http://nagios.sourceforge.net/docs/3_0/monitoring-windows.html

Hope that helps,