> is there a way to password protect a file that we zip up using cfzip
>
> i have searched the internet and found lots of things to do with reading a
> zip file that has a
> password on it, but nothing to do with actually setting the password when we
> zip it up

I don't think CFZIP supports that. You can either use something to
modify the zip file after you create it, or use something else to zip
the files in the first place. There are plenty of command-line tools
that you could invoke from CFEXECUTE to do this.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/