I can encrypt/decrypt within Coldfusion very easily. However, trying to decrypt
something that was sent from a .net application is a different story. I have
been trying to get this to work for the last week with no luck. They are able
to decrypt my string, but I cannot decrypt theirs.

We have tried AES and DES algorithms and multiple encoding options, with
different padding settings. Nothing seems to work.

I was running CF7, and I moved to CF8 to see if that would help with some of
the minor enhancements, but no luck.

I tried to use Java Cipher, but I think that is going to give the same result
as CF encrypt. I may have to install .net services, and use their .net class
for the encryption. I hate to do that though, and I am hoping to avoid it.

Code example(key & salt changed):
<cfset key = "tc/b12Ez4rTdS6FYZaH17i==" />
<cfset encoding = "Hex" />
<cfset salt = "58239B418D378659" />
<cfset incoming_string =
"EVjcpBhCfyCVuO2tz10a31f4U/XrSpHbCg4BRZ+JSjhDSQBY3SeHpVgl1eNM2KyN" />
<cfset decrypted = decrypt(incoming_string, key, 'AES/CFB/NoPadding', encoding,
salt) />

My google searches have given some results, but nothing fruitful. Anyone have
any experience with this?