Thanks for the explanation, Jason.

It just seems so counter-intuitive to have <cfoutput>'s within
<cfoutput>'s...that's
always been a no-no.

So, was the <cfoutput group...> function created to address the very problem
of having to loop a query within a query?  And when did CF first get this
function?
Recently?  Or have I just completely missed that function for 10+ years?

I'm just running into this as an issue now since I'm using components.
Except
for the use of components, I could always run two queries and then loop one
within the other, so a good solution was always available.

Rick