Well,

For two reasons

1)  I really didn't want to incur the overhead of creating a new variable
and running the query.  I know it has to be much slower than simply dleting
for the object.  Not the best reason but...

2) Maintenenace issues.  The columns I wish to delete are fairly static but
the other columns may change depending on what the flex app needs.  To use a
QoQ I would need to use the columnlist to build the query parsing out the
unneeded columns.

Granted, neither reason is really a show stopper.  I figured if there was a
way to add a column, there should be a way to remove one so I thought I'd
ask.  Sometimes you just never know what you'll find out.