Adrian,

I have an explanation and a resolution for you. The problem is a buffer
overrun in the ICC parser (a bit of color correction meta data that ships
with the image).

To resolve it I upgraded my JVM from 1.6.0_04 to 1.6.0_14 ... But _05 or
above would do the trick I think.

I'll write a blog on it and give a more thorough explanation - but
meanwhile, I found my best clues by looking not for ColdFusion related image
issues, but javax.imagaio related image issues. I found this post:

http://www.securiteam.com/securitynews/5SP0E1PNQA.htm

Which lead me more closely examine the update (build) number of my JVM
install.

I hope this helps you!

-Mark

Mark A. Kruger, CFG, MCSE