I've been struggling with a cf8 and database issue involving japanese
characters for almost 2 weeks now.

using cf8 and either mysql server or microsoft sql server 2008 express (both
give me the same result), i am attempting to insert/update records containing
japanese text.

the japanese text doesn't insert into the database, only ?? (questions marks
get inserted)

I've checked the collation levels for microsoft sql server 2008 express.
There's 2 ways to assign collation on a column; either SQL collation or Windows
collation.

The SQL collation option doesnt contain any Japanese collation options so I
choose windows collation.  In Windows collation, there's 4 different options to
choose from.

Unfortunately, I tried all of them with no success.

I'm starting to think this is a driver related issue.  The debug output
displays the query with the japanese characters as I've typed them.  I don't
know what else to try.

I don't know if this matters but my computer has an english version of Windows
Vista .  I've set my region to Japan.  I've even set my IE browser language to
Japanese.

If I can't get the Japanese characters into the database, I am totally screwed.
 I hope somebody knows how to fix this problem.  It is probably very simple but
I am overlooking the obvious.

Please help