> As you said CF does not directly support windows authentication, we learned
> from our recent research that Apache Axis uses
> org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender by default. So we made a
> configuration change. We changed <transport name="http"
> pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender"></transport>To:<trans
> port name="http"
> pivot="java:org.apache.axis.transport.http.CommonsHTTPSender"></transport>
> in client-config.wsdd file. We also enabled "Integrated Windows
> authentication" in iis. In addition we copied the wsdl file into iis root
> directory. After all of these changes, we assumed Apache Axis and iis should
> support windows authentication for our CF application.

That's good to know; I didn't know you could do that.

> However we still need to provide username and password when consume the .net
> webservice. I used the following code and successfully consumed the
> webservice:
>
> <cfscript>
>
>      ws = CreateObject("webservice", "http://xxxx/fileservice.asmx?wsdl";);
>      ws.setUsername("domain\username");
>      ws.setPassword("password");

> But without passing in username and password the code returns an error.
>
> I have mentioned early that we have an asp.net client application which
> successfully consumes the .net webservice. It first gets the current user
> info...
>
> To narrow down my question, I'm thinking if there is any class in JRun
> security/or any other package I can setCredentials using current windows
> userinfo, instead of setUsername and setPassword in plain text? Do I have to
> set Www-Authenticate value in cfheader?

Well, CF doesn't really know anything about the user other than what
it receives from IIS. Unlike ASP.NET, which runs in-process with IIS,
CF is a separate process which runs in a separate security context.

That said, if the user has provided his or her credentials to IIS, the
username at least will be available as a CGI variable. So you might
just dump the CGI scope and see what you have, and insert those values
in your setUsername and setPassword calls.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/

Visit http://training.figleaf.com/ for more inf