Probably a little over-the-top, but the point still stands.

MS Access is fine for basic office use, but for web apps you're better off
picking Derby, H2, MySQL, Postgres, etc - or one of the free 'Express' editions
of Oracle or MS SQL Server.

More importantly though, I just noticed this is discussing passwords, which I
missed the first time.

If something is important enough to password protect, then that password should
- at the very least - be MD5 hashed, (if not a more secure salted SHA hash, or
similar).
If it's not important enough for that, just ditch the password altogether.

And that aside, if the value is user input, use cfqueryparam!