1 You take the files that you want to to zip up and added them to a zip file
Using cfzip or one of the available  zip libraries like zipcfc
http://zipcfc.riaforge.org/

2 place the zip file in a temp directory with a unique name

3 Force the download using  cfheader and cfcontent and then you can delete
the file after you are done with cfcontent using the attribute
deletefile="true"

HTH

G!