Date: Fri, 08 Dec 2000 23:09:52 -0800
From: "pan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: mac address

> I don't know if there is a custom tag that will do this but, you could use
> CFEXECUTE with either 'nbtstat' or, if you have the NT Resource Kit,
> 'getmac'. 'nbtstat' returns a lot more information than just the MAC,
which
> means you'd have to parse the information, but 'getmac' returns only the
> MAC(s) given the IP address, NetBios name, or host name. You could
> optionally create a COM wrapper for it. Of course, Java, VB, and probably
> WSH, have the capability to do this too, I just don't have code on hand.

Are nbstat and getmac for the lan or can you use them to get
client MAC across a http session outside the local lan?

I think the orig poster was asking how to use MAC as a security
check for any client accessing a page ... I assumed in my previous
answer that meant including clients not on the lan the server
running CFAS is on.

???

Pan