As mentioned the Railo mailing list is really helpfull but I also just
blogged a Railo express getting started guide just the other day:

http://blog.kukiel.net/2009/06/railo-express-can-starting-cfml.html

BTW your problem is probably the port is 8080 not 8888

http://localhost:8888/test.htm will work.  Perhaps they changed the
port and forgo to update the docs.

Paul Kukiel.