I would just set your variables in the application variables scope instead
of the server variable scope. Or you could set a request variable on the
application.cfm page and just call that every time you need it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Donnie Carvajal [mailto:donnie.carva...@transformyx.com]
Sent: Friday, June 26, 2009 4:03 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: Setting Server Variables

Almost all of my applications are running on multiple machines and i would
like to use server variables to save things like IP addresses and server
names that can be used for CFHTTP requests or error reporting.  These
variables would basically be static and would almost always have the same
value for that particular server.  For example, WebServer1 will most likely
always be named WebServer1, so Server.serverName will never change values on
WebServer1.  I would like to avoid adding code to every app that always
checks to see if the server variables are set.  I would prefer to set the
server variables after ColdFusion restarts.

Any ideas?