Set IIS to use a custom error page for 404 errors...  make that a
coldfusion page that grabs the cgi variables, determines what page
they want and send them to it that way?

We converted from asp to cfml a few years back, kept the same
database, so I grabbed the query string and switched it around so that
they'd land on the exact samespot.