Maybe. Make sure each of your applications has its own namespace by using
this.name in Application.cfc, otherwise they'll share ( and overwrite eachother
) anything you put into the application scope across the entire JVM if I
remember correctly. In this case the pointer to a datasource or the reference
if the datasource name is identical.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
Matthew Reinbold wrote:

I'm dealing with some real oddness today and I was wondering if anybody else
has seen something similar.

We have a development environment and a test environment. Each environment has
its own database on the same instance of SQL Server (9.04.3042....). So the
database that dev hits is named "DEV" and test runs their code against a
database named "TEST".

There are also separate ColdFusion server instances, again one for dev and
another for test. The DSN used for queries used throughout the application are
the same, "MYDB" but on the dev instance the application DSN is pointed to the
DEV table. Likewise, the test instance has a DSN of "MYDB" but its pointed at
the Test table.

Today a number of tests on the test instance were failing. Examining the test
table showed that no actions had taken place. Upon examination, it appears that
the Test instance had been writing and reading data to the Dev database,
despite the settings in the ColdFusion administrator. Subsequent server
restarts did not result in different behavior.

Has anyone seen anything like this? Is it possible for SQL Server to cache some
user information? How can I find more information about what might be going on?

Matthew Reinbold
Creative Principal, Vox Pop Design, http://voxpopdesign.com
Manager, Salt Lake ColdFusion User's Group, http://slcfug.org