Hi All,

After much trial and error I did find the short cut key that causes the mess.
If you are seeing \r\n for your carraige return/line feeds you probably hit the
shortcut key Ctrl+. (that is control and the period key).  Hitting that
combination again should clear up your workspace.  I looked everywhere I could
think of in the group of settings used for cfbuilder and I could not find a
visual representation of this setting.  However, After figuring out the
shortcut key, I was able to find where this short cut key is defined by looking
in window>Preferences>General>Keys.  I sorted by binding and found that Ctrl+.
is bound to all HTML editors as Show Whitespace.

I wanted to go ahead and post this so when someone hits that dang key
combination again they'll be able to get out of it without having to reinstall.

Thanks!
Christine