Easy there, killer.  You said "A".  I said "B".  You didn't preface it with
"in my opinion" any more than I did.

I still maintain that (in my opinion), it's preferable to write more legible
code.  The single line may be just as easily readable for you, but you may
not always be the one maintaining your code.