dunno - had you thought about doing your processing entirely SQL server side
- using stored procedures and DTS?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 11 December 2000 17:37
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Any good ideas?

Nope not these queries.  This database is huge, I am talking hundreds of
GIGs to terabytes. Average queries on this site do not get returned any
where near as fast as the template could process.  I thought about using
the scheduler.  Maybe instead of runing a query immediately just have it
insert the filter criteria into a database and have a scheduled page go
out every 10 or 15 minutes and see if any new queries need to be run.  I
am actually running to go talk to our DBA guys to get the average
processing time for the queries.  I am beginning to wonder though if
these queries are going to bring down our CF server though.  Does anyone
know if CF has a limitation on the size of record sets it will return
back?

Thanks
Misty