It's much more than just sending that many at once. Most recipient email
servers will kick you out for sending too many, too fast, as well.
ie. yahoo will ban you for 48 hours if you try to delivery too many emails
in a short period of time. To delivery effectively you also need
domain-specific throttling.

Dan