I would take your UDF's, put them into their own utility CFC, and load
the CFC into the APPLICATION scope during onApplicationStart(). If you
ever need to reload the CFC, you could always rerun your
onApplicationStart() method.

Steve "Cutter" Blades
Adobe Certified Professional
Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion MX 7 Developer

Co-Author of "Learning Ext JS"
http://www.packtpub.com/learning-ext-js/book
http://blog.cutterscrossing.com