Runar,
Here's a message on this from Allaire's Damon Cooper.
-David

--------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Damon Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2000 16:49:07 -0500
Subject: CF 4.5 Supports Oracle Reference Cursors

Just in case the guys looking for Oracle stored proc result set support
haven't seen this in the 4.5 docs:

( From http://127.0.0.1/CFDOCS/Allaire_Support/new.htm#curse )

This release supports the return of result sets via Oracle Reference
Cursors
through the Oracle 8 native driver and the ColdFusion stored procedure
interface.

The example below shows both the PL/SQL necessary for creating a
procedure
to return a result set and the CFML necessary for executing the procedure
in
ColdFusion. The example uses the Oracle SCOTT/TIGER login sample data.
The
final ColdFusion documentation for this release will contain additional
information and examples.

Example: Return of all rows in the DEPT table entirely through a package.

PL/SQL

CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE dept_data AS
        TYPE DeptTyp IS REF CURSOR RETURN dept%ROWTYPE;
        PROCEDURE refcurproc(pParam1 in out DeptTyp);
END dept_data;
CREATE OR REPLACE PACKAGE BODY dept_data AS
        PROCEDURE refcurproc(pParam1 in out deptTyp) IS
        BEGIN
                OPEN pParam1 FOR select * from dept;
        END refcurproc;
end dept_data;

CFML

<cfstoredproc   procedure="dept_data.refcurproc"
                                datasource="my_oracle80_test"
                                username = scott
                                password = tiger
                                RETURNCODE="no"

<cfprocparam type="Out" cfsqltype="CF_SQL_REFCURSOR" variable="param1">

<cfprocresult   name = rs1>

</cfstoredproc>

<hr>
<cfoutput query = rs1>