> Does ColdFusion 9 use a lot of the Mac's memory?

It can. It's a server, and servers can use a lot of memory on any
platform. CF is limited by default to only using the memory that the
Java runtime can support, but that can be a significant amount.

> I need to design some 3D assets in illustrator (want to play with flash
> catalyst), and the
> system is running so slow, but I do have JRun & CF 9 running always. I just
> ask as at
> a friends house(no CF on the machine) the same tasks were done in seconds,
> but here
> it is taking a very long time!

Unless you're actually using CF all the time, you might want to turn
it off when you're not using it.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/