From: DURETTE, STEVEN J (ATTASIAIT)
Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 3:11 PM
To: cf-talk
Subject: RE: SQL Join help needed

Sorry about that...  Try this...

<CFQUERY NAME="passport_registration" DATASOURCE="dpch">
          SELECT
                a.passport_listing_id
                ,a.passport_registration_id
                ,a.email_sent_attendance
                ,a.s_uid
                ,a.student_id
                ,a.people_id
                ,coalesce(b.fname, c.fname) fname
                ,coalesce(b.lname, c.lname) lname
                ,coalesce(b.email, c.email) email
                ,passport_attendance_id -- Will return null if there
isn't a value.
           FROM passport_registration a
                Left outer join students b
                        On a.student_id = b.student_id
                Left outer join people c
                        On a.people_id = c.id
                Left outer join passport_attendance d
                        On a.student_id = d.student_id
           WHERE a.passport_listing_id = #url.passport_listing_id#
</CFQUERY>