Never mind.. I was editing the wrong stored procedure.  There was one on
another table that was accessing the table I was working on.

So basically there were two stored procs.  One on table1 that was accessing
table2. And one on table2 that was accessing table2.

I changed both stored procs and now it is working.

Very confusing to have a stored proc on a table that is modifying another table.

Thanks for the input though!
Chad