> > Hi
> > Im using a JPG watermark in coldfusion to display as a background on
> > PDF, but the problem is its taking up quict a bit of space as i need
>
> > it on every page.
> > is there something else I could use instead of a watermark to reduce
>
> > the size of the file?
> > heres the code im using at the moment:
> >
> > <cfpdf

> > action = "addwatermark"

> > source = "#TEST#"

> > image = "#request.mainfilePath#Test2#"

> > foreground = "No"

> > overwrite = "yes"

> > pages = "#totalpages#"
> >     opacity = "10"
> >     Position = "10, -50"

> > showonprint = "YES"

> > destination = "#TEST3#">
>
> We had the same need, when you use the watermark feature it is on TOP
> of the image and sometimes you can not read the content below.  What
> we did was to create an image and then use it as a background image in
> HTML as the watermark.  This placed the image behind the content and
> if you need, you can even customize the image by using the CFIMAGE tag.
>

> Matt Friedman
> "life is too short to drink cheap beer"

Heres another one i've tried which might work if it would do it automatically
At the minute ive a PDF at 48kb before I add the Watermark.
after ive the watermark added it jumps to 60MB
but when I go to File save as Version 5 on Abobe it cuts the Size back to 99KB

Im wondering can this be done automatically so i dont have to open the file and
save it down each to to reduce the size of it.
The version of Adobe Im using is 6