Really gotta agree with you Steve.  Personally, I disagree with the way
the boss is implementing things... however, I think we should all think
of ourselves as "web developers" and not "ColdFusion developers" in
order to make more money, be better "programmers", and all around more
diverse.  I've been exposed to several languages, and each has a
different way of thinking.  For example, VBScript typically is
approached and coded differently than CFML.  However, I've found that
such cross-disciplinary thinking allows me to approach each language
differently than is typical for that particular language, and my problem
solving skills have increased as a result.  It allows me to expand
beyond a "(insert language here) disciple" and become a "problem solver
implementing solutions ideal for the particular problem at hand".

In your shoes, I'd be annoyed.  I'd stick with it, learn PHP, and then
take advantage of my new toolset... (of course, taking advantage of
training just to get a higher paying job elsewhere is a bit unethical,
so I by no mean advocate it  ;)

--
Billy Cravens
[EMAIL PROTECTED]