I have always had problem with the way ColdFusion reports errors in stored
procedures and I was wondering how other CF’ers go about debugging the same
sort of errors (without costly software).

For example, the following ColdFusion error is generated on a stored
procedure...
Application Execution Exception
Error Type: Database : n/a
Error Messages: Invalid data '' for CFSQLTYPE CF_SQL_INTEGER.

I know what the error means but I have no way of knowing which one of
cfprocparam fields its having problems with. ColdFusion does report a line
number as always but it's the line end of the stored procedure not the actual
cfprocparam line which it's failing on.

This is only really an issue for me when I have a big procedure with lot of
cfprocparam as I have to test each one at a time to find which has the invalid
value.

Looking forward to your comments

Thanks