We had this problem a long time ago and I don't remember the exact details,
but it happened after an upgrade if I remember correctly.  The problem, I
believe, was that we had 2 versions of CF running that were each running the
tasks.  I disabled the older CF service and all was well again.

So I guess I'm recommending that you look at your services and make sure
there is only 1 CF service running.